The National Competence Center (NCC) is the reference and single point of contact and coordination on a national level for high-performance computing (HPC) and data analysis (HPDA). In the Czech Republic, the National Competence Center in HPC is represented by IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center at VSB – Technical University of Ostrava. The National Competence Center was established under the auspices of the EuroCC project and is funded by the European High-Performance Computing Joint Undertaking and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic.
- Offer a broad portfolio of services tailored to the relevant needs of industry, public administration, and academia in the field of HPC.
- Fill the gaps in the knowledge of HPC, promote cooperation at the national and international level, enable the implementation of best practices within Europe, and strengthen the technological autonomy and competitiveness of Czech companies.
- Ensure a coordinated increase in the level of expertise and its adoption not only in HPC but also in related fields such as high-performance data analysis (HPDA) and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Map existing competencies in HPC at the national level and identify knowledge gaps.
- Coordinate the transfer of knowledge and provide consultations on HPC deployment possibilities.
- Establish an education and information program.
- Provide access to national and European HPC computational resources and services.
- Assist in the implementation of pilot solutions to raise awareness of HPC technologies.
- Education: courses, webinars, and workshops in relevant areas.
- Sharing information obtained by mapping providers and consumers of HPC solutions in the Czech Republic.
- Consulting services, design and implementation of pilot HPC solutions, migration of existing solutions.
- Intermediate partnerships between academia and public and private sectors.
WHO CAN USE OUR SERVICES?
- Industry, small and medium-sized enterprises, start-ups,
- public, regional, and state administration bodies,